Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeAngelic TearsLatest imagesRegisterLog in

<HOW TO PVP>Guide

Go down 
+4
Esam
Mi3tz
Karniushka
anthelas
8 posters
AuthorMessage
anthelas
Admin
Admin
anthelas

Male Number of posts : 1284
Registration date : 2008-04-17

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:31 pm

I took this initiative to describe some of best priciples for everyone who likes to pvp(but fails to perform it) and for those who in some future will try it.
I'm not considering myslef some sort of authority on this matter, just im feeling that i have to post my oppinion regarding pvp field. Nevertheless i cant ensure that here you will find everything you need, it's just based only on my experience.
Let's start.

Like in every aspect of World of Warcraft, the best gear gives you the best surviability, which means better stats on your items leads to better dps/healing bonus/spell dps etc. This is generally true but not always. Of course this applies only on high-end gear; a freshly geared 70 player wont have any chance against full gem'ed one. Im only comparing similar geared (high-end); t6, s2, swp, ssc, bt items and all combination possible.

Despite the fact i will try to make this as generaly as possible, my presentation is build up on a Rogue experience. In the last part i will present a fully guide of how-to-beat-a-rogue Very Happy.

So, first think you have to know ( im sure you know it already) maximise your gear and try to not mess up things. Rogues surviability stays in high dps output ( here enters dps druids, mages, lock, dps priests and all classes that depends on that). A dps guide can be find here
On the other hand look for best wep/gear enhancements whatever means this ( enchants: moongose/crusader/agility/knothide cobra/soulfire/reputation enhancements etc), it will increase your gear stats which is always good.

Ok, lets end this boring intro about PVP. Now, i want to start show you how to be performant.
First, 5 things you should always have in mind when you're going in PVP mode:
1.Be always prepared; potions, loads of poisons, cooldowns ready.

2. NEVER underestimate your opponent. It's nothing more embaressing when you're killed by an undergeared player ( gear doenst show any skill talent). Besides that thinking very soon that you're imba ( beacause you're full t6/s2/swp/enchanted) will lead you to miss some great pvp aspects. So, keep things tight.

3. BE RELAXED ! Never go on pvp if you're nervous, distracted etc. Pick a music playlist, start it in you background and go. Music relaxes nerves, and you moves will be more calculated, like on a pro player.

4. Learn from your mistakes. Being stubborn thinking that your tactic is the best will lead in the end to learn nothing. So, dont be shy asking others, and also be inventive. [For exemple, i find out that is better for me as a rogue to open with Garrote against a Warrior, while for a long time i had spamed Cheap Shot against all classes like a mad dog. Cheap Shot has its purposes, but try to use new tactics, be inventive, be original.
Strictly to this point comes the idea that you have to STOP BEING PREDICTABLE. Some Examples came into my mind:
- Rogues: everyone knows that we open with Sap. And everyone knows that it takes up to 5sec before the battle begins. try to not sap. Ya, your target will be surprised because he expect you to sap him, then ShadowStep, Cheap Shot. He is ready for you, which is bad. Start your attack immediatly.
-Mages: rogues are a pain in the ass for you, we know. thats why dont let us going stealth second time! What do i mean? well, when you go IceBlock, rogues usually are geting out of combat (3sec or so). Strike us before this happens because your chance diminishis to stay alive if we go stealthed(again:D)
-pall's: same as mages. Im always laughing when i manage to get a palading half to his HP and he goes HollyShield going to heal himslef. 90% of palading do this. In this case i have the chance to get out of combat, heal and stealth; and im in advantage loosing nothing. You've lost a big CD and mana. Usually i win at this point.

5. Respect your opponents. No matter if he is Horde or an Ally against you duel. If u win, good for you. Dont be cocky for nothing, especially if you win by mistake(maybe he lagged, or was distracted).
Im not happy when I manage to defeat an underskiled opponent. Usually you can tell who knows to play his class.

Also a big aspect at this point is your MORALE. Being respectifull is one thing, but being totally scared of a so-called great pvper is another. The fact is ppl do mistakes when their opponent is considered to be The Best [name a class here].

From my experiences i used to have some oversized respect for Evolution guild members. Not because i fought them, but just because i heard they were good, and i thought i have no chance against an Evo pvp'er. WRONG.
The truth is that they have good pvp'ers as all legion guilds, but they are far to be the Best. Actually there is not such thing The BEST on this server.
The point is, dont loose a fight before you even start it. I know, that Glaived big Taruren is scary and intimidating, and you're a skinny gnome which barely has some BT items, dont worry, go for it, kick his ass. No matter if you will loose, you will learn from your own mistakes, and you will get COURAGE for your next battles.

--- END OF PART I ---
Back to top Go down
http://khazak.wordpress.com/
Karniushka
Community Helper
Community Helper
Karniushka

Male Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2008-07-11

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:24 am

thanks for this information...

just waiting for part II Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mi3tz
Community Helper
Community Helper
Mi3tz

Male Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-10-10

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:50 am

You really have to be bored at work Ana Wink
Anyway ur guide is fantastic! Everyone on scape server should have read that.
I wish I could duel you now Very Happy
I'd like to try Razz
Back to top Go down
anthelas
Admin
Admin
anthelas

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 2:22 pm

i wrote it at home, not at my work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Esam
Community Helper
Community Helper
Esam

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-04-28

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 10:07 pm

thx anth i hope everyone can read it

part II soon ? Smile
Back to top Go down
anthelas
Admin
Admin
anthelas

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 11:27 pm

PART II
So, if everyone red what i wrote in my last post should be familiar and ready about PVP basics, mainly about "how to be prepared".

In this second part, i want to introduce you our server main PVP fields: BG's (WSG,AV,EOTS,AB), Arena, and World PVP.
Battlegrounds
Legion, unfortunetly doesnt have all BG's working, besides Arathi Basin its very rare to see some others active. So, my descriptions on this subject will be related strictly to AB.
Arathi Basin is my favourite by far. I had join it so many times that i can play it with my eyes closed Very Happy. One important think i figured out in this specific BG is that it's a nonsense to be a stubborn loner. Yes, everyone wants to be first on the pols but this isnt important. AB requires LOTS of team-play, so do your best to be a team-player.
Being a rogue my job is mainly focused on stealing/geting base flags and suportive dps. First aspect is something wich goes natural ( when you see a red base on your map , go get it champ Very Happy), but second aspect - being suportive dps'er consists in dealing the best dmg you can in the shortest time possible. ( ofcouse if you are a healer type class you need to heal if you're geared for this pourpose).
Ok, nothing new right. Well, as a rogue in my early periods in pvp i was chasing whatever horde i could find, i was so eager to be first that i forgot what's my role in the entire raid.
Whatever class you are, in AB, you need to remember 3 things:
1. as i said in part one, be inventive at your very best. in most cases your raid mates will go in packs to get one damn base ( Lumber Mill, or Gold mine, usualy first is prefered). Its a dumb routine. OFcoure is easier for you to not get killed if you go with 5 mates, but remember that you need to learn PVP without any help.
So, mount up, and head straight to Farm (first Horde Base). Its a suicidal attempt in the worst case, but its important to gain confindence in you skills. Maybe you will encounter some hordes, fight hard, deal your best dmg, LEARN. The main idea is to leave sheep-thinking-prey arhitype, you have to be a fighter, to get courage, nobody cant stop you.

2. USE YOUR MAP. For those that dont know yet, Shift+m gets you in the right corner of your screen a small battleground map. Use it everytime you're in!
Maybe my tactics works only for rogue-type classes, in this case I hope you can get something useful for you.
Check your map everytime you're gona attempt a new assault to a base. Very important, dont waste time going in zerging fights, especially when all your raid needs bases to win. Try to check every bases on your favourite routine, no mater if its already taken by Allies, just stay on the move, and activate your hunting state. Once again Be confident. Doesnt matter if 3 hordes evercrowded you, they have to know what are you made of.

3. Know your class. Im still amazed that some rogues use Vanish just for the sake of using something. or when Blind Skill is forgoten somewhere as a unuseful skill, or premeditation. this applies for rogues ofcoures. Check you class features, and think about new tactics with some skills you never used.
Also at this point i need to add something about your keyboards binding. In this case AVOID to be a clicker, in pvp you need to perform a maximum of 10 keys so you wont be able to click so many very fast.
Bind your most important skills close to left-hand fingers. Train yourself to press everything u need quick and clearly without watching your keyboard. Also try to be very relaxed while doing so. Every class has its own mechanics for every skill system like a clock machine. I always avoid having combination of shift+ or ctrl+, i dislike it.
For keybindings, search for Bongos

Related to rogues
- rogue class was made to deal tons of dmg quick time. thats why we are considered some sort of renagates on this server.
My tactic is to be prepared for everything. I love geting against multiple enemies fight, and doing it so many times i figured that first think i need to be awared of is: rogues in stealthed mode nearby, and who are the weaklings. I usually avoid fighting strong clases first when a caster is kicking my ass.
So, your primary targets should be: Casters(healers first, but depend of situation), rogues, other class. For this as a stated in first part, get upon yourself loads of Free Action Potion/Health Potion because you will definetly need it. Its nothing more exiciting beating 2 rogues and 1 mage at once in a single fight ( my best performance so far Very Happy), no matter if i barely had 1k hp after that.

Last edited by anthelas on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
retta
Beginner
Beginner
retta

Male Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-27

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:31 am

wooooooooooooooooot tnx anthelas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anthelas
Admin
Admin
anthelas

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:20 pm

i realy hope that this helps, however i wont mind if you are sincere, because i know that i'm not telling you any news with this sort of guide. it's just my personal experience related to PVP.
Back to top Go down
Pathar
Templar Knight
Templar Knight

Male Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-04-18

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:11 am

Hehe anthe i read your topic.....but first what i dont understand is whaqt u bean to ss and cheap shot a rogue without sap....what i understand is that i have to sap the rogue and ss very fast him no? Second I need a tactic for priest and shams(resto, elem) because i dont know how to beat them especially the pvp priest when the fear me and use that kind of explossion( healing himself and damage me also) and im telling that im dying very fast.....so any suggestions are helpfull Very Happy
About the second topic(this is for rogues because is my main and i think that i know something about it).....like Anthelas said Bg's is a Team Work (im not talking about Av when most time the strategy is to run as fast as possible to boss and kill as fast as possible; rarely i saw team work there)
So im talking about Ab:my main goal in this Bg is to kill the damage casters like Warlocks(my favourites because i didnt find a strong one so..) and the Mages. Mages are very strong class in bg's because first they can kill very fast especially with their first attack that "shot" that hit u with 7k most of time....so if u see a mage that is focused on u as fast as possible use ss and then cloak of shadows(this happens when u are unstealthed) , when u stealted better use garrote first because he is silenced and then try to kill him as fast as possible); and if he blink try to use cloak and sprint to him fast(ofc use medallion if he iceblock u) then hit him hard
What i avoid are the Heavy Armed Players ....i mean like palladins (careful with holy ones) because they dont die very fast and use their bubble or healings himself. What i also avoid are Tanks like Warrs, Drus even Pallas(for those are the casters, because as i saw in most of bg's that they are dying very fast when a mage hit a tank with 7k dah).
For Melee Dps like Hunters or Warrs....my tactic is to hold them ...i mean to stun them as lot as possible and dont let them to run from u because u will be a easy target for them....and dont forget about evasion espeacially for warrs .
So those are my tactics.......but do not forget TEAM WORK IS SURVIVAL IN AB
Back to top Go down
andycz
Proud Member
Proud Member
andycz

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-05-03

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:33 pm

cool anthy Smile
guys maybe i left u ingame but not here...if u have question ask me for spme pvp tactics Very Happy
pathy NO lock can beat me !Very Happy
and rogues if u wanna try ur power and skills try pvp without stealth its harder, i was trying it but need stealth for paly,war,spell and heal sham and rogues, at sometimes for PROFI mages and druids. So if u dont have much enemies in stealth go without it Smile
Back to top Go down
Pathar
Templar Knight
Templar Knight

Male Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-04-18

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Hehe Andy i know that u have a lock and i want to duel with u once....but what im saying is that i didnt find a horde lock Razz
Back to top Go down
Vrint
Community Helper
Community Helper
Vrint

Male Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2009-02-01

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:46 am

If i have Rogue as my patner in Arena,i expect him to force the opponents to use trinkets as soon as possible..alwasy CC 1 guy with sap Blind Gogue(Healer Preferably) and DPS the other..so they will be forced to use trinkets faster...

BTW thx for opening the Sub section Very Happy

now i owe u one Anthelas cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

<HOW TO PVP>Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: <HOW TO PVP>Guide   <HOW TO PVP>Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

<HOW TO PVP>Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Battlefield-
Jump to: